Happy Winter RocCity! It’s that time to share the best hot chocolate recipes ever! We’ve updated our list from last year. If you have an awesome recipe or a place you love to go, let us know. In the meantime, we’ll begin at the beginning!
Let’s start with the basics, and literally pick a base:
Hot Chocolate Base Recipes:
- Milk Hot Chocolate– an Epicurious recipe for a more traditional cup of cocoa!
- Dark Hot Chocolate– for something a little more decadent, try this recipe from Martha Stewart!
- White Hot Chocolate– why not try something totally different with this Food Network recipe!
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate– Salt Caramel is so hot in the craft brewery world we just had to add it to our recipe collection.
If you have to use up those powdered packets, we’ve discovered a line of lovely machines that can take your powdered hot cocoa mix to the next level. Just be sure to use milk and not water. The cool part is that they shut off automatically at the perfect temperature! Check out some of the entries listed on Amazon.
- Java Joe’s: They land at the top with great reviews for every search we do and since they use milk from Pittsford Dairy Farm and Bakery, you’re supporting 2 local businesses!
- Dark Horse Coffee: Also got a great write up and it’s in the Village Gate, which means there’s always something going on!
- Coffee Connection: With 3 locations, not only are you going to get a great cup of hot chocolate, you’ll be supporting a great cause in helping women in recovery!
Are you looking for a winter wonderland to call your own? We’ve got just the perfect mix of value and style to get you started! Contact us today and we’ll grab a cup of hot chocolate and discuss the possibilities.