It’s finally the spookiest time of the year- Halloween! From all the costume planning, cooking, and holiday decorating, you may not have had any time to plan what you actually wanted to do for the weekend. But, don’t fear! Rochester, NY has lots of activities, parties, and fun for both families and adults. Not sure what you’re looking to attend? Take a look at some of these popular Halloween parties & activities in Rochester!
Families & Kid-Friendly
Whether or not you will take your kids out on Halloween to trick or treat, there are several things you can do over the weekend that will be fun for the whole family!
- ZooBoo: celebrating Halloween at the zoo with “spooktacular family fun!” This is an annual event hosted by the Seneca Park Zoo Society, and a portion of every ZooBoo ticket is donated to Health in Harmony. ZooBoo participants will follow an adventure through the Zoo that includes visits with costumed characters, crafts, face painting, games, conservation graveyard, animal enrichment experiences, special treats, and costume contests! Tickets are only required for those participating (and children 2 years and younger will still receive free Zoo admission!) Purchase your tickets for this event for Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Eastview Mall Super Saturday: On October 28th from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Eastview Mall will be hosting a Super Halloween party with donuts, cider, live entertainment, trick-or-treating around the mall, and more!
- Fall Into Canandaigua: On October 28th (all day), in Commons Park, Canandaigua, there will be several Halloween activities including pumpkin carving, horse-drawn wagon rides kids costume parade and contest, pet costume parade and contest, musical petting zoo, baking contests, and much more.
- Find even more here!
Need to get away for a night of Halloween fun with your friends?
- Halloween Bar Crawl: Rochester is having it’s very own Halloween Bar Crawl on Saturday, October 28th from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. The crawl includes five bars & clubs, no cover charges, $3/$4 beer and drink specials, costume contests, prizes and giveaways, and a free t-shirt for surviving the crawl at the end! Registration is at Murphy’s Law from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. where tickets can also be purchased. Or, order your tickets online now!
- Halloween Extravaganze @ FBC: The Fairport Brewing Company is opening up their taproom for a Halloween party including five different events throughout the evening, including a haunted scavenger hunt, a village ghost walk, a talk with spirits in the FBC taproom, and even sleeping inside or on the patio of FBC. A portion of proceeds from the event will be donated to Perinton Food Shelf Inc. and the Fairport Historical Museum. Get your tickets now!
There is no doubt that this Halloween season will be one to remember, from the several events and activities that are available right here at our fingertips. Have a happy, safe, and spooky Halloween!